Cost to Build Too High

Carl,

I am building a new home on my own lot.

Every time I cost it out on your site, it's over $500,000 for a 2191 sq. ft. home in Mooresville, NC.

Surely I can build my home for less than $200 plus/sq. ft. on my own lot. What am I doing wrong?


Hi,

Since I can't look over your shoulder as you use the cost to build calculator, I don't know what you are doing.

However, you are not the 1st with this question, nor will you be the last.

Here are a couple of previous answers, both for North Carolina:

1. An example of how much the cost to build for the same plan can vary can be seen on my post “Cost to Build in North Carolina Too High

2. North Carolina-Cost to build a house in Charlotte: Hi Carl, I'm building a 3023 sq ft house. What do you…more

Hope this helps,
Carl