Cost to Build a House in Florida

Hi Carl,

I am half-way through your book.

I am catching myself reading each chapter 2-3 times!

It has been a great help as I start to build my dream home.

I was hoping you could help me determine the cost to build in Broward County Florida (zip is 33325).

I have purchased an acre lot and am eager to start building but want to make sure I am budgeting properly.

Thanks for your expertise!

David


Hi David,

You didn’t give me much to go on as to what size and style house you were planning to build, so I chose a house I found on houseplansandmore.com that I liked.

It has a stucco veneer, 3 bedrooms, 2/1/2 baths, and 2,324 square feet of living area and a nice floor plan.

House Plan #592-008D-0087






Estimated Cost to Build from Houseplansandmore.com = $313,740

I also ran a cost to build using the construction estimating software from Craftsman Book using Quality Class #4.

Estimated cost to build using that cost build calculator = $300,504 including the...continued.

Carl Heldmann