Subcontractors with No Workman’s Compensation Insurance

Carl,

I have two issues I'm dealing with. I want to do some remodeling on my primary residence.

Is there any way I can get some type of insurance to cover me in case a subcontractor with no workman’s compensation insurance gets insured at my residence in Kansas?

Second situation is I'm thinking of building a vacation home in rural Missouri and being my own general contractor.

Is there any special insurance on new construction to cover me when some subcontractors don't have workman's compensation insurance?

Thanks,
Ken F.


Hi Ken,

No, to the best of my knowledge there is NO insurance that YOU can buy to cover (protect) you.

Hire absolutely no subcontractor (nor part-time employee) who does not carry workman’s comp and liability insurance......read the rest!

Good luck and be cautious,

Carl Heldmann
www.byoh.com