Cost to Build a House

Carl, I see the various home plan companies that show costs to build anywhere from $150 per square foot on up to $200+ per square foot. It seems throughout most of your website you talk about $100.00 being on the high side. How do you explain the discrepancy?

The difference or discrepancy is the General Contractor's profit & overhead. which, even according to the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), is approximately 25%.

My web site and books show people how to save the General Contractor's profit & overhead by being their own General Contractor.

That's why the sub title of my web site and my books is Save 25% without Lifting a Hammer.

Read my page Cost to Build a House and Cost Estimating it links to and you'll get a clearer picture.

Thanks for writing,
Carl Heldmann, byoh.com