Construction Insurance ­| Builders Risk

My wife and I would like to take over the role of General Contractor from our builder as he
is not at all managing the project or looking out for our best interests when
signing subs.

How do I go about getting Builder's Risk and General Liability Insurance?


Hi Travis,

Builder's risk insurance is a special type of property insurance for houses while they are under construction that protects against loss.

The general contractor may be responsible for any losses caused by his own negligence, but the owner is responsible for most other losses. As an owner/builder, you are both the general contractor and the owner. Builder's risk insurance protects against some of these losses.

Read my entire article on Construction Insurance | Builders Risk for a more information including where to get it.

Good luck,